As a user of Nepali Times website and its publications, including the blogs and community forums, you will not engage in any of the following:
- Illegal activity or advocating of illegal activity
- Violation of a person's right to privacy or compromising a member's privacy
- Harassment or hateful expression toward any group or individual
- Exploitation of a minor, or invitation to communication with a minor
- Violation of intellectual property
- Activity that harms nepalitimes.com or any of its members
We have introduced blogs and forum to facilitate exchange of ideas and information. We do not permit the following:
Photos / Videos
- Any defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or violent material
Blogs and forums, including blog and article comments
- Negative personal attacks or comments about another member's personal characteristics
- Defamation or attacks against a group of people or an individual
- Behavior interfering with respectful discussion on our forums and boards
- Surveys or polls of Nepali Times website users by researchers without the permission of Nepali Times
- Copying of other members' posts without permission or acknowledgment
- Using code or other means to upload visually disruptive content
- Solicitation to promote commercial websites, products and services
- Spam--unnecessarily repeating the same content (including URLs)
- Impersonation of Nepali Times website users, employees, or public figures
Nepali Times reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue submitted through the blogs and forums.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to these policies and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Delete, move or edit communications that are determined, in the sole discretion of Nepali Times, to be abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, otherwise illegal, disruptive, or otherwise unacceptable for any reason.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all of the blogs and forums and/or this Site upon any breach of these policies.
- Monitor, edit or disclose any communication posted in the blogs and forums.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted in the blogs, forums or anywhere on this Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
By voluntarily submitting information, communications, or content (including personal information) to this Site and/or blogs, you agree that such submissions are non-confidential for all purposes. You further agree that such submissions become the property of Nepali Times and that all title and interest therein, including all rights of copyright, shall vest with Nepali Times at the time they are posted. Such submissions are subject to being used, reproduced, modified, published, edited, translated, distributed, performed and displayed in any media or medium, or any form, format or forum now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, in perpetuity without further notice. The submission of such materials in no way creates any obligation or duty on the part of Nepali Times to post or use such materials or, if we do so, to give you credit.
- You agree to respect the opinions and feelings of others.
- The information you submit shall not be deemed confidential, and shall be publicly available to third parties. You agree not to reveal any private information, including but not limited to health, financial and personally identifiable information, if you do not wish this information to be published. Furthermore, you agree not to reveal the health or other private information of third parties without their knowledge and consent.
- Content available through the blogs and forums is provided "AS IS," and you are solely responsible for your reliance on and use of such content. Nepali Times is not responsible for the consequences of any communications made through the blogs and forums.
- You agree not to upload to or distribute or otherwise publish through the blogs and forums any content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, slanderous, threatening, harassing, hateful, abusive, embarrassing to any other person or entity, or that is otherwise inappropriate.
- You agree not to use the blogs and forums for any purpose in violation of local, national, or international laws or regulations.
- You agree not to upload to or distribute or otherwise publish through the blogs and forums any content that violates or infringes the copyright, trademark, or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party.
- The blogs and forums may be used only for non-commercial purposes. You agree not to, without the express approval of Nepali Times, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
- You shall remain solely responsible for the content of messages you post. Nepali Times does not and cannot review every message posted in the blogs and forums, and is not responsible for the content of these messages.
- All messages, information or other materials submitted to the blogs and forums become the property of Nepali Times, and all title and interest therein, including all rights of copyright, shall vest with Nepali Times at the time they are posted. Messages, information or other materials posted to the blogs and forums are subject to use by Nepali Times and its licensees in any medium (now in existence or hereafter developed), for any purpose, in perpetuity without further notice. The submission of such materials in no way creates any obligation or duty on the part of Nepali Times to post or use such materials.
- Your participation in the blogs and forums is solely at your own risk. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Nepali Times, its affiliates, licensors and suppliers, and the directors, officers, employees, agents, licensees, representatives and independent contractors of the foregoing from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages or losses they may incur (including, without limitation, attorney's fees) arising out of a violation or alleged violation by you of these policies or arising from content posted by you in the blogs and forums.
- You agree not to post chain letters or pyramid schemes; impersonate another person or allow another person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments; distribute viruses or other harmful computer code; harvest or otherwise collect information about others (including email addresses) without their consent; or post the same note more than once or "spam."
- You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or post comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free form), or otherwise engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the blogs, forums or the Site, or which, in the judgment of Nepali Times, exposes Nepali Times or any of its affiliates, licensors, licensees, customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
- If you become aware of a violation of these policies, please notify Nepali Times by sending a detailed email message to editor(at)nepalitimes.com.
If you come across violations of these rules of conduct, please let us know at editor(at)nepalitimes.com. Nepali Times reserves the right to add and make changes to these rules. Please visit us from time to time to be aware of any changes.